How to add a device to find my iPhone? If you’re one of the millions of people who own an iPhone, you know how frustrating it can be to lose it. Whether it’s misplaced in your home or stolen, an iPhone is a costly investment that you don’t want to lose.
There are plenty of ways to find your lost or stolen iPhone. The Find My iPhone app is a great option if you have iOS 8 or later installed on your device.
This app uses the GPS in your phone to help you locate it on a map. You can also use the Find My iPhone app to remotely lock or erase your device if it’s been lost or stolen.
If you don’t have the Find My iPhone app installed on your device, there are still other options for finding it. The iCloud website.
How to set up Find My on iPhone
How to setting up the Find My feature on iPhones:
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Click your Apple ID banner at the top of the screen.
3. Select iCloud.
4. Scroll down and click Find My iPhone.
5. Toggle Find My iPhone to the green “on” position.
6. Tap Allow when prompted to allow Apple to use your location for this feature.
7. Now, open the Find My app. You should see your location displayed on a map in the middle of the screen with a few options around it, including Notify When Found and Play Sound.
How to Add a Device to “Find My” From an iPhone
How to add a device to Find My iPhone:
- On your iPhone, open the Settings app.
2. Click your name at the top of the screen.
3. Tap Family Sharing.
4. If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Add Family Member. If you’re using iOS 10.3 or later, tap Invite via Messages or Invite in Person.
5. Enter your family member’s name or email address and follow the onscreen instructions.
6. If prompted, enter your Apple ID password and tap View Account.
7. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap Leave Family Sharing.
How to Add a Device to Find My From a Mac
How to add a device to Find My from a Mac:
- One way to add a device to Find My is by signing in to iCloud.com on a Mac.
- After signing in, go to the Devices tab, then click “Add Device.”
- From there, enter the device’s name and its serial number or IMEI.
- If you don’t have the serial number or IMEI handy, you can use the “Find My iPhone” app on another iOS device.
- Just open the app and sign in with your Apple ID, then select the device you want to add from the list.
- Once it’s selected, tap “Actions” and choose “Add to Find My.”
Another way to add a device is by using Apple Configurator 2 on a Mac.
How to Add a Device to “Find My” From an iPad
How to add a device to Find My iPhone from an iPad:
- If you have multiple Apple devices, you can use the Find My app to find them and keep track of them.
- The first thing you need to do is make sure that Location Services is turned on for all of your devices.
- To perform this, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
- Next, open the Find My app.
- Tap Devices at the bottom of the screen, then tap Add.
- A list of your Apple devices will appear.
- Select the ones you want to add, then tap Done.
- Now that your devices are added, you can find them using the Find My app.
- To do this, simply tap on a device in the Devices tab and select Actions > Play Sound if it’s nearby, or View Location if it’s not.
Keep Track of All Your iOS Devices
If you own more than one iOS device, it’s important to keep track of them all. Otherwise, you might lose one or forget where you left it. There are a few different ways to keep track of your devices.
One method is to use the Find My iPhone app. This app will show you the location of all your iOS devices on a map. You can also see if they’re online or offline, and set up notifications so you’re alerted when a device comes online or goes offline.
Another way to keep track of your iOS devices is to use iCloud. With iCloud, you can see the location of your devices on a map, set up notifications, and even remotely erase all the data on a lost or stolen device.
Finally, you can also keep track of your iOS devices by syncing them with iTunes.